Interfacing pure::variants License Manager with OpenLM
This document describes the steps required to interface OpenLM with the pure::variants License Manager in order to monitor license usage and obtain license statistics.
To query the pure::variants License the following components must be installed:
- OpenLM Server v2x installed on a machine in your organization
- OpenLM Broker v22.3 or higher installed on the same machine as the pure::variants LicenseMonitor
The current monitoring capabilities available for pure::variants LicenseMonitor through OpenLM Broker are as follows:
|Feature||Resolution||License totals||License usage||Denials Reporting||Borrowed License Reporting||Expiration Date Reporting||Multiple Server Redundancy|
Diagram of how OpenLM interfaces with the pure::variants License Manager
- Navigate to Broker from any convenient browser by accessing http://localhost:5090 (or incremental, if default 5090 port is occupied).
- Select the License Managers tab.
- Click Add License Manager. A pop up appears.
- From the drop-down list select Pure Variants.
- Enter the pure::variants port number (e.g. 888). Click ADD.
- In the Settings tab, make sure the Watch License file toggle is off.
- Switch to the Commands tab.
- In the Executable Path field, indicate the one of pure::variants.
- Select Vendors tab. Click Add Vendor. In the pop up that appears enter the Vendor name – pure::variants. Click Continue.
- Switch to the Advanced tab. Input the pure::variants password and login. Click SAVE.
Automatic OpenLM Server configuration through EasyAdmin User Interface
If you have followed the steps in the section above, OpenLM Broker should now be transmitting data to OpenLM Server. The final step is to approve the configuration in EasyAdmin User Interface:
- Access your EasyAdmin User Interface. Navigate to Start → Widgets → License Manger Servers
- In the License Servers window, click on the There are Servers Pending Approval icon.
- Double click on the pending license manager. Note it is displayed as OpenLM Generic. Verify the configurations and click APPROVE.
At this point, the pure::variants License Manager has been automatically added to OpenLM Server and configuration is complete. It will take a few moments until the data is parsed and available. The green circle will confirm the status.
To check if the pure::variants License Manager server is being monitored correctly:
- Open the EasyAdmin user interface in your browser.
- Click EasyAdmin Start → Widgets → License Servers. Verify that the configured license manager(s) appears in the server list. A green circle node indicates an active connection to the license server.
Please note that sometimes it may take up to 3 minutes for the status indicator to change if this is a new connection.